From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 08:56:00 PST
An interesting note from last Friday's game.
LAKE SUPERIOR 3 Ohio State 3 OT

The Buckeyes were leading the Lakers 3-1 with under five minutes remaining
in the game when LSSU pulled Blaine Lacher from the nets and scored two
6-on-5 goals to eek out a tie.  Not exactly commonplace.

PASS commentator Chris McClure had earlier referred to OSU as "a great 40
minute team" or "one of the nation's best 40 minute teams", something to
that effect.  (A rare event...not only was McClure humorous, but I also
agreed with what he was saying. :-)

Earlier this season, Ohio State had Michigan down 3-1 in the 3rd before
eventually losing 4-3.

Anyway, I thought a few people would be interested in the 6-on-5 note.  This
season could be a sign of good things to come in Columbus.  Even though they
are 2-14-3, they have played well at times and just haven't been able to
close the door.

  John H
  U Mich