From:
Rick Feldhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rick Feldhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 1994 15:02:25 EST
Associate Professor of Biochemistry
Phone: (502)852-5752; Fax: (502)852-6222

  I got to watch periods 2 & 3 of the Fri Mich-LSSU game and it was
impressive. Although Mich is very talented, it also appeared that they were
using an "unusual" power play alignment some of the time. Is the 3 men up the
middle (low slot, high slot, blue line with wings on the boards/mid zone)
intentional? It struck me that this alignment coupled with rotation could
really foul up the efforts to cover men in a box defense and make it easier to
get good shots and rebounds. Any team that has scored on 54 of 161 power play
attempts with no SHA must be doing a lot of things well, but has Mich gone
beyond "traditional" power play strategy? John?

Subliminal message: U of L needs an ice skating rink for its
future hockey team more than it needs a new football stadium.