From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 08:04:47 -0800
Hello All:

Months ago I was told that the infamous proposal discussed below in
Coach Sauer's column would be voted on by only D-III schools. However
Sauer seems to indicate that ALL NCAA schools will vote. Does anyone
have the correct scoop on this? If all schools vote, I will likely try
to swing a vote here at D-I Cal Poly.

Thanks for any information. Since a lot of folks are interested (and
might be in a position to influence a vote or two), please post any
information to the list, and not only to me. Thanks ahead of time.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64

============

 From a column posted on Inside College Hockey:

NOTE: he says FULL NCAA membership....

The Dean's List by Jeff Sauer

There is an issue out there in the that could affect the continued
growth of the sport in the near future. Proposal 2-69 is a proposal to
be voted on by the full NCAA membership at its annual convention in
Nashville Jan. 12. The proposal is one element of a broad reform package
proposed for Division III: a provision that would prevent any Division
III schools from awarding athletic scholarships, even in sports in which
they participate at the Division I level.