From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2003 10:41:22 -0700
Hello All,

The local rag had a brief article about the Ducks releasing both Adam
Oates (RPI) and Paul Kariya (Maine) as unrestricted free agents. Oates
option year salary would be 3.5 M and Kariya's 10 M. They said the Ducks
were hopeful of signing Kariya at a lower salary, but did not mention
Oates at all.

Anyone have any scoop on the future of either of these fellows?

I suspect Adam's year as a Duck is over, but wonder if he is considering
hanging them up? He is 40. I was  a bit surprised at Kariya, but it
might just be a cost-saving move in hopes that he'll come back cheaper
since the Ducks have a good nucleus still there. Kariya has said he
wants to end his career in Anaheim, but then again you never can tell,
especially with those huge salaries around.

Tony Buffa
RPI '64