From:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
D B Doucette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:50:09 -0500
At 02:05 PM 2/26/02 -0500, Jim wrote:

>   If true, that's a welcome change from the policy used in 1999 - the
>last time the Frozen Four was contested in an NHL arena.  I spoke to
>several Mighty Ducks season ticket holders in Anaheim, and all of them
>said they'd been offered "nice seats between the blue lines" if they
>opted to attend the NCAA Tournament as part of their '98-'99 season
>ticket renewal package.  Now, part of this may simply have been because
>the games were being played in Anaheim, which remains the only FF venue
>I've ever attended (in 14 years) where we sat on the beach in our shorts
>watching surfers in the morning, and then watched hockey On Frozen Pond
>in the afternoon :-)

I still will miss the warmth of southern California when shuffled off to
Albany, St. Paul, and
Buffalo....why NOT back in a warm clime in some future year ?

>  I wonder if Bruins season ticket holders were
>granted any priority at the Fleet in 1998 ??

Yes, as a former 13-year Bruins season ticket holder at the FleeceCenter,
in 1998 we were offered a special opportunity to receive tickets.

>It may all be a moot point
>anyway, as it appears the coded (by years attended) ticket lottery is
>here to stay; it's already been announced that tickets for the 2003 FF
>in Buffalo will be awarded in the same fashion as 2002.  We'll all be
>a year older for this next go 'round, and - presumably - one step higher
>in priority :-)

Fortunately, 1998 got my foot in the door for attending all Last Fours
since Boston, and possibly the oddity of having TWO accounts in the lottery
this year, yielding me 4 tickets ( 2 x 2 ).

Looking forward to H-L between game arrangements. !!

Dan Doucette
no red line anymore, please Gary....