From:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Ambrose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 20:26:26 -0500
Well, it only too only day for the NHL commissioner to get to  Salt Lake and
burst the bubble for all us idealists.  According to Bettman (I saw it in
the Boston Herald today, couldn't get the link), the play we are seeing in
the Olympics has nothing to do with the size of the rink or the elimination
of the two line pass.  For him, it is just the skill of the players.  I
would like to ask Mr. Bettman why, with the same players, the play in his
league is so unexciting.  He did concede that he liked the 15 second
face-off rule, "something to consider", he says.  Thanks for the bone.

Greg Ambrose