From:
"Satow, Clay" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Satow, Clay
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 09:41:13 -0500
Rick McAdoo asked:

>>At Watertown, they installed a "guillotine"-style arrangement where
electric motors and pulleys pull the entire panel up vertically to the
ceiling and the Zamboni enters underneath it.  When they are done, they
lower the panel to the ice to close the entrance.  They use some metal
tracks at the ends of the section to guide it up and down.  . . .

> Is this used elsewhere?  I haven't seen it around New England in my
> limited travels, though it may exist.<<

Yes, I have seen it, but I don't remember where.  Possibly the youth hockey
rink in Westboro, Mass.  One clever thing they did was to hard wire the
switch that turns on the door motors to the fans, ensuring that if the Zam
door is open, the fans are running, a good idea (perhaps a requirement) if
you have a hydrocarbon powered Zamboni.

Clay