Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:56:49 -0500
-- [ From: Kepler * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Sara wrote:

> I must admit that I have complaints with the SIT.  (snip).  The games
weren't
> even mentioned in the Oncenter's prerecorded
> events-line.  It is amazing that anyone shows up for those games.  The
> advertising is nonexistent.

It seems like there several complaints every year about the SIT.  The
previous few years they were mostly about the facilities and the quality of
the staffing, or the resources for the press.

Thanks very much to Sara for posting her comments, and to everyone who
posted about tourny games they witnessed over the holidays.

> They did announce that next year the SIT will be played the weekend after
> Thanksgiving.  The teams playing will be:  Clarkson, Cornell, Colgate and
> Merrimack.

A 75% ECAC SIT.  How do folks feel about that?   IMHO, the optimal tourny
lineup has only one rep from any given conference.  (The Beanpot and GLI
being distinctly traditional exceptions.)   Since NC games make up only 31%
of the non-Ivy ECAC (and only 24% of the Ivy ECAC) schedules, and since I
suspect for the other conferences those numbers are as low or even lower, I
would think teams would activly seek genuinely "non-conference" opponents
whenever they could get em.

-- Greg

--

*  Greg Berge