From:
Randy May <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 14:55:04 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/98 9:15:54 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<OK, so I mis-transcribed the TSN top 20, meaning that my previous post
is, uh, inaccurate (UMD actually behind Wisconsin and Minnesota; UNH ahead
of Air Force).  I still think that TSN is crazy for putting Air Force at 20.
I toyed with the idea of putting Army at 20 a couple of years ago (it would
have been ahead of Harard, in one of those disappointing Harvard years). At
least Army had Ian Winer, who should have been a Hobey finalist.  A top 20
without Princeton is just absurd, though, this year (in the preseason,
anyway).

-Geoff

I don't know how much you really know about Air Force...but I am assuming you
innocently aren't educated as to where AFA stands in development. You
mentioned Ian Winer...who I don't know alot about...but I wonder how much you
know about Justin Kieffer, who should be a legitimate Hobey candidate this
year capable of putting up 60 pts. for the Falcons. Other standouts that would
make some pretty good D1 teams are goaltender Aaron Ratfield who has stood on
his head often enough against powerful CC, LW Scott Bradley who if it weren't
for his playing inferior high school hockey in Colorado Springs instead of
USHL might be a legit pro prospect, Dan Davies, Allen Hasbargen, etc, etc. AFA
always has very good hard nosed atheletes...now they have a little hockey-
skilled players and a very VERY good coach in place in Frank Serratore. I am
scared to death if I am CC.

Randy May
http://members.aol.com/Al20Secord/Choose.html