Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 21:49:38 -0700
At 01:39 PM 3/23/98 -0500, Bill Fenwick wrote:

>Fun bit of news for BU and UNH:  As far as I can tell, only one team in NCAA
>history has fallen in the first round of its league championship
tournament and
>gone on to win (or even play in) the NCAA championship game.  That was
>Wisconsin back in 1981, when the Badgers fell to Colorado College in the WCHA
>quarterfinals but benefitted from the newly expanded (to eight teams) NCAA
>tournament, eventually beating Minnesota for the title.  Generally speaking,
>teams with the unexpected additional time off don't do very well in the
NCAA's.

Speaking of BU -- and MSU, for that matter -- the last time BU had this
much "time off" was when they had 3 (!) weeks off before facing MSU in the
first round of the regionals... Parker (who admits he made a mistake)
thought his team needed a break, sent them to Florida for that first week,
and lost to the Spartans.

If them seeds win this year, we'll have another one of them
BU-with-time-off meets pretty-darn-hot-MSU matchups again. Of course this
time the Terriers didn't spend any time in Florida, and they'd be meeting
in the Semis...

greenie
S P O O N  ! !
(go BU)

Since BU dropped football, does that mean Silber fumbled?
Real grass at Nickerson for the *real* football! Yippee!