From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:12:12 -0500
At 01:56 PM 2/21/97 -0500, Paul Gentile wrote:

>Merrimack-Northeastern
>    The Warriors have to keep their minds off the BU/BC games next weekend and
>concentrate on the not-to-be-underestimated Huskies. Merrimack has been playing
>solid hockey and whoop'd this same Husky squad 7-2 a few weeks back. A Friday
>night voctory should come pretty easily but the difficulty will lie in the
>sweep-attempt on Saturday. This is where I see Crowder generating an upset and
>preventing Merrimack from solidifying their home-ice playoff position.
Robitaill
>will have game that wins him ROTH honors. Scores will be 5-2 Merrimack on
Friday
>and 4-0 Northeastern on Saturday.

Northeastern is assured of a trip to either Walter Brown or Whittemore
center as the #8 seed in Hockey East.  These games mean absolutely nothing
to Northeastern, but mean everything to Merrimack.  Merrimack is still
fighting for a home-ice spot, something that has never happened.

Merrimack is the second best team in Hockey East since Christmas, better
than UNH and BU during that stetch.  Merrimack is the only team to beat
Maine since Christmas, including a win in Orono.  If they have any trouble,
it will be Friday on the road because Merrimack has been pretty good at home
this year.

>BC-Amherst.
>    The Minutemen beat up on a hapless BC team that can't seem to pull it
>together. A late game surge by the powerful BC forwards will fall short,
however
>.
>Score 7-6 Amherst.

UMass hasn't proved they can handle teams with top quality forwards, and say
what you want about BC, they have the horses up front.
---
Deron Treadwell ([log in to unmask])