MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"McKenney, Janet" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
McKenney, Janet
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:08:47 -0400
Please email or call me if you have any questions regarding this
information...

If you have already filled out the form at the Maine State Library's
website, thank you!

MSLN Internet Connections and Technology Plans

If your library has an MSLN Internet connection you are required to
create a new plan or update your technology plan this summer.

If you don't submit a Technology Plan for approval to the Maine State
Library your MSLN Internet connection will be terminated on July 1,
2007.

About half the public libraries in the state have filled out the form to
tell us that they are working on their technology plans.  But many
libraries that connect to MSLN have not filled out the form. I will
start contacting libraries individually regarding their need for a
technology plan next week.

I just want to clarify: every public library that gets the Internet
through MSLN needs a tech plan. The Maine State Library applies for
e-rate for your library's MSLN Internet connection. (That's the
paperwork your library signs every fall - the "Letter of Agency",
worksheet and the Form 479.)

So if you filled out that Letter of Agency(LOA)in the past, and plan to
do so this fall to keep your "free" MSLN Internet connection you must
have a technology plan to comply with federal e-rate rules.

Your MSLN Internet connection is "free" because it is funded in part by
the federal e-rate program.  The federal e-rate program requires that
you have a technology plan.

So look at the options and please fill out the form:
http://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/tech/plansurvey06.htm

I will be posting information and instructions about using TechAtlas to
create an individual or district technology plan on MELIBS later this
week.

Janet