MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
"Norman, Melora" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norman, Melora
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:49:03 -0400
Good afternoon!

MSL Outreach is adding several classic Maine titles to our list of book
discussion packets:

	Between Wind and Water, by Gerald Warner Brace (5 copies):
Writings about "sixty years of living and cruising and sailing along the
Maine coast."

	Blue Water Men--And Women, by Fred Humiston (5 copies): A
history of tall-ship seafaring Mainers.

	A Goodly Heritage, by Mary Ellen Chase (6 copies): An
autobiographically-based account of New England coastal life, originally
published in 1932.

	The House by the Sea, by May Sarton (6 copies): Reflections by a
premier Maine author, based upon her experiences as a new island native.

	Jonathan Fisher: Maine Parson, 1768-1847, by Mary Ellen Chase (5
copies): The biography of a Blue Hill minister.

	Maine Memories, by Elizabeth Coatsworth (5 copies): Fifty-four
vignettes of life in and around Damariscotta in the early 1900s.

	To Remember Forever, by Gladys Hasty Carroll (6 copies): Life at
Bates college between the two World Wars, as seen by a popular Maine
author.

To borrow one of these kits, please contact Ann Berry at 1-800-762-7106.

Please visit our Programming Packets page to see our other offerings:

http://www.maine.gov/msl/outreach/packets.htm

Best wishes,

Melora

Melora Ranney Norman, outreach coordinator
Maine State Library
LMA Cultural Bldg., SHS 64
Augusta, ME 04333
(207) 287-5653