MEINFO-L Archives

MEINFO-L - Maine State Library Announcements and Information List

MEINFO-L@LISTS.MAINE.EDU

From:
Janet McKenney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janet McKenney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 09:17:14 -0400
As you all saw in Linda Lord’s email dated June 20, every library on the
Maine School and Library Network (MSLN) must have an updated, approved
technology plan.
Libraries without a technology plan will not be on the Maine School and
Library Network as of July 1, 2007.

We need to know as soon as possible which technology planning option your
library will select.
Please review the options below before filling out the survey form.

1.  If your current technology plan matches federal e-rate requirements
(outlined at:
http://www.universalservice.org/sl/applicants/step02/ ) you may send your
own plan to Janet McKenney for approval by August 8.

2.  If you are developing/updating your own plan that matches the federal
e-rate requirements (outlined at:
http://www.universalservice.org/sl/applicants/step02/ ) please submit it
to Janet McKenney by August 15 or as soon as possible.  Tech Atlas -
http://webjunction.techatlas.org/tools/ can help you with this process.

3.  If you want to participate in the development of a district technology
plan (NMLD, CMLD, or SMLD) you will be required to use WebJunction’s Tech
Atlas (found at: http://webjunction.techatlas.org/tools/ ).  Please note
that you will need to register for TechAtlas, partner with the Maine State
Library, and fill out the appropriate information for your local library
by August 15 or as soon as possible. (Note: I will post another email with
instructions on how to partner with the State Library since it is an extra
step after you have registered.  You can also email or call me if you have
questions or problems registering.)

4. If your library is not part of MSLN, and you are not applying for any
federal E-rate, then you are not required to submit a tech plan to Maine
State Library. (Libraries applying for POTS only are not required to have
a technology plan.)

You can fill out the form by using the link below.
Form:  http://www.maine.gov/msl/libs/tech/plansurvey06.htm

Thanks so much for your cooperation.  Feel free to email me at
[log in to unmask] or call me at 207-287-5620 if you have any
questions or need assistance.

Janet McKenney