From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1993 12:09:33 -0500
From the Harvard Women's Schedule:
Just a few notes from (not quite so) high above the (flooding) Mississippi
River:

>November
>    Fri.    12-   at Minnesota Tournament         TBA
>    Sun.    14    (Dart,Brwn,Minn,Minn-D,St.Cld)  TBA

I'll mention that all the Minnesota teams there are club teams (prob'ly it'll
be a blood bath.)  But the tournament is meant to promote women's and girls'
hockey in Minnesota.  Just this year there are one or two high schools
starting up varsity girls' hockey teams in the area, and there has been some,
mostly wishful, comment about adding women's hockey at Minnesota to improve
"gender equity" (please, let's not get going on THAT topic again...)

The tournament is going to be in the New Mariucci arena, so I guess this tells
us that the "Border Battle" series against Wisconsin is going to be moved to
a different weekend, as this is the weekend it has been held the last 2 years.
Also, there was talk that the second game of that series would be held at
Target Center (home of the T-Wolves, where St Cloud hosted its last home game
against Minnesota last year) instead of the Met Center, in the wake of the
Norm's Stars departure, but now that it's been announced that Met Center will
remain open for at least another year, maybe it will remain there...

Pam Sweeney
Go Gophers!!!
1993 WCHA Playoff Champions!!!