From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Thu, 24 Jun 1993 06:54:04 -0400
Thanks to Jayson for clearing up the history of the participants in the
'93 RPI Tournament.  I guess that Lowell must have been passified by
making RPI their opponent in the first round as this would guarantee
them a Div-I opponent.  This does seem to make the RPI-Lowell matchup
the highlight of the tournament, and it occurs in the first round.
This is unless Mount Allison is better then the typical Canadian School
that has played in this tournament.   RPI has played Mount Allison many
years ago, and I seem to recall that RPI easily beat them, but that is
no indication how they are now.  It is surprising that Hockey-L gets
no reports on Canadian College teams, which I assume would be allowed
under the charter.  There was a very recent post to the effect that it
is surprising that Canadian Schools are not better than they are.

After saying all of this, I can just see Army winning the tournament.