From:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Tseng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1993 13:53:32 -0500
Mail*Link(r) SMTP               RE>More on photos

Tom,

Did you intend this to go to the list?  If so, I am including it here so
you can forward it since I see you didn't keep a copy of it.  Thanks for
the details.  I have heard of other teams doing this as well, like
Minnesota, although I do not believe they actually sold the cards.

- mike

> RE>More on photos
>
>I second Mike's comment on the photos of athletes for sale.  The Cornell
Hockey
>Booster Association produced a set of hockey trading cards this past season,
>with a picture of each player on the front and vital stats on the back.
>Imagine if that were illegal according to NCAA.  These trading cards were sold
>for $10 a pack, or $15 for an uncut sheet.  They were nicely done.  Those who
>attended the annual booster banquet received a complimentary set of cards as
>party favors.
>
>Tom Y. Tseng
>Cornell '87  MEng '94

---
Mike Machnik    [log in to unmask]   Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors
alternate address days: [log in to unmask]             *HMN*  11/13/93
(Any opinions expressed above are strictly those of the poster.)