Date:
Wed, 5 May 1993 11:48:47 EDT
In answer to Greg, I believe that Cornell did host a holiday "classic" in the
70's.  (Help Arthur or Bill).  This only occured for a few years.  A general
coment about tourneys, given the limited # of out of conferance games each team
 is allowed, it should not be surprising that RPI had problems with their field
as no ECAC team wants to "waste" games with RPI, nor does a HE team want to
have a "meaningless" game with Lowell.  It seems to me that most tourneys would
 have such a problem once two members of the field are determined.  This would
suggest that a perfect field is one from each conference, such as the people in
Minnesota have done.  And even with game limits, there are enough teams to have
considerable holiday classics.  He has less teams, for example, but has more
non-league games to play with, while the WCHA have fewer extra games, but there
 are more teams. Just some off-season blather.

William Sangrey
Cornell '87&'93?
Let's Go RED!!!!