From:
"Greg E. Lucas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1993 19:33:26 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] (Steve Kapetanakis) writes:
|> Can someone out there enlighten me.  I thought the ECAC quarterfinal
|> playoff round was best 2-of-3.  Assuming I'm correct, and I know
|> I should never assume, here's my question:
|>
|> Why was Brown declared the series winner over Yale?  The two teams
|> tied their first game 3-3, and Brown won the second 5-3.  Clearly,
|> by winning the third game, Yale would even the series and force an
|> overtime, but they weren't given the chance.
|>
|> Now I know Hockey East's format was total points, yet I thought the
|> ECAC was best of 3.  Am I mistaken, or is there a flaw in the ECAC
|> system?
|>

|> -kap

It's best of 2, and if the teams split the series (like RPI and Colgate have)
then a third game is played.
Just like Hockey East, except a full third game is played in case of a series
tie.

Greg E. Lucas  |Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute '94| [log in to unmask]
"If love is blind I guess I'll buy myself a cane" - W. Axl Rose