From:
"Sara M. Fagan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 21:22:22 +0000
I typed this out and sent it out but I haven't seen it on the list so I am trying again.  I am sorry if you get it twice.

In last nights game between SLU and Dartmouth, SLU pulled their goalie with about one minute remaining.  The action was down at the far end so I did not see it well but the team thought they had scored.  There were some spectators that are sure the puck when in and right out again.  The gaol was not called and the whistle did not blow.  Dartmouth gained pocession and scored and empty net goal.   There was a long delay as the refs went to review the video.    After a long wait they announced that there was "no goal".

My question is, if they had determined that SLU had scored would they set the clock back and wipe out the ENG by Dartmouth?

Someone who could see the video screen in front of the regs says that the video wasn't working and that is what too so long.  It would also explain the long explanation and head shaking to the benches.  If that was the case then it will be the secodn time this season that SLU lost out to a non-functioning  video replay.

Again, I am sorry if this is a duplicate.

Sara
SLU '77
Let's go SAINTS!!!