From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2011 08:48:14 -0600
 Since it didn't show up on the list of scores:

St. Scholastica  1  at  Stevens Point  3

I can't wait to see the stats on this game.  I do believe it must have set a record for penalties.  At one point there was a general melee and all 5 players from both teams went into the box for matching minors.  At the ensuing faceoff (maybe even before the puck drop), there was another matching pair.  Anyone ever seen 12 players in the box at one time all with the same penalty time?  Towards the end the refs were calling ticky-tack offenses.  I suspect they worried about a blood-bath.  Luckily only one major and one game DQ was called.  No hand shake at the end, either.

Tom Rowe