Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1992 12:03:36 EST
I won't dwell on the game statistics - others have done that job execellently.

I will agree the games on Friday had poor ice - slow and when the puck hit
the boards it stuck or slid against the boards. On Saturday - the opposite
occurred the puck hit the boards and really bounded out. At the beginning
of the games the ice will really "slick" - players slipped especally at the
beginnning of each game on Thursday.

The Fans - On Thursday small crowds. On Saturday about half of an estimated
8,000 rooted for Maine - a good group. Wisconsin good group + good band.

St. Lawrence small group of fans. MSU small but vocal group (yours + spouse
included) + good and active band action. Noticed that Wisconsin band left
after game and fans did not support MSU - don't remember this in past.
Did previously remember MSU support of Bowling Green and other Western
teams - MSU teams and fans could have really enjoyed the support of others.

Lost voice trying to cheer from "Dead" part of Arena.

Appreciated the fact that Ron Mason and Team were available for fans at
the Holiday Inn after the first game from 10pm - 12 midnight. Unfortunately
I arrived at 11:15 after the second game finished and was told they already
left and were disappointed due to the lack of crowd.

Tried to buy pins and was disappointed that none for for sale. Pins only
seem to sell at the finals but other souvenirs (tee shirts + pucks) were
in evidence.

Parking was available - parked about 4 block away on street. Lot parking
was $5/$8 depending on location. Some gouging was in evidence - lots tried
to get double rate for two games even if car was left.

P.S. Event parking in Albany adjacent to the Knick Arena is normally
$5.00.

Side note - the last two times that I saw MSU in Providence - they are
4-0.

GO STATE - Hope to see more green in Albany.

William Krebs