From:
Gary Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:55:14 -0400
I too have "lurked" on this list since the very early days.  In 1990 I had
just moved to Arizona (from Minnesota) and got my first "email address" and
started to learn about this whole "Internet" thing.  Hockey in general, let
alone COLLEGE hockey, got very little coverage in the Phoenix newspapers.
But thankfully I found this list and was able to get WCHA updates every
Monday morning from a couple of "strangers" named Carol White and Erik
Biever back in Minneapolis.

I've moved a couple times since then and have changed my email address
several times.  But even now, when I can watch the Gophers almost every
weekend and get text message updates from my brother when I can't watch the
games, I have never canceled my Hockey-L subscription.  Too much good
information!

Thanks to all of those who have kept it going over the years!

Gary Thomas
College Station, TX