From:
Eric Burton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 15:24:22 -0500
>I don't think anyone was dissing the service academies nor do I think
>anyone
> should be dissing anyone else's school. But the facts speak for
> themselves.
> The service academies are at a disadvantage since they give no athletic
> scholarships, their coaching staff is limited to recruiting US born
> players
> and the "hot" young prospects who may have their sites set on playing
> professional hockey might be somewhat put off by knowing that their
> professional careers couldn't start until their obligatory time spent in
> the
> military is over.
That is along the lines I was thinking, I don't think the service academies
can recruit the types
of players need to keep up with the Michgians, Minnesota, BU's, North
Dakotas because to get
into a service school you need to have the grades and be recommended by a
senator. It is a long process and
if you want to play hockey after college why would you go to Army or Air
Force. I think they best can compete in the AHA. A limited scholarship
league.