Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 13:13:07 -0600
Unfortunately for me, I live in the home of political correctness with
regard to Indian mascots. (Native hell). There is an ongoing local event
called the Cody Jam which has a website ( http://www.codyfoundation.com/)
with the following: "Welcome to Cody Foundation Online.  Cody Foundation is
a non-profit organization in the memory of Cody Hulst to benefit young
children facing cancer and other life threatening diseases." So the
politically correct are up in arms against it because included in the
auction to raise money are two tickets to the St. Cloud State University vs
University of North Dakota hockey game. Using this as a platform for their
selfish and foolish dogma, a local nutburger has said

"Perhaps .... the Cody Foundation are not
aware that the NCAA as well as a large segment of the
SCSU campus community has requested that the name
of the University of North Dakota teams not be used because
such names promote prejudiced behavior and a discriminatory
atmosphere for American Indian people in our region ?"

And according to a friend of mine in the spirit of compromise,
"Perhaps we could just refer to them as the UND F¹ing Sioux."

Screw the NCAA, or have I said that already?

Nathan Hampton