From:
Steven Rockey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2006 10:38:58 -0400
Matt Bigley wrote in part on 5/16:
>It used to be college hockey was much better
>than the NHL.  Now the NHL is a much better game than college hockey.
Erik Biever wrote in part on 5/16
>  I'd also like to see college hockey adopt the current NHL standards for
> holding and interference, i.e., actually calling the penalties.

I might not go as far as Matt but he does have a point.  I have not watched
that many NHL games I am very impressed with the way the NHL has clamped
down on interference.  The NHL seems to have also seems to have taken the
stick work out of the game.  There is a lot of stick use to hook, hold,
interfere in college hockey that is not now allowed in the NHL and it make
for a better game.

Other people made good points abut consistency.  I was especially appalled
this year by some officials who seemed to think hitting from behind was not
an infraction.

College hockey would be better if the rules were enforced.

--Steve

Steven Rockey
Director of the Mathematics Library
420B Malott Hall