From:
Richard McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard McAdoo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 18:46:53 -0500
With the Frozen Four coming up and plans for Buffalo being set, I pass
along this tidbit on our location this year.

I came across this in the library.  (There will be those who disagree with
the following quote; I may be one of them.)  This comes from William
Ashworth, in his book "Great Lakes Journey - A New Look at America's
Freshwater Coast", Wayne State University Press, 2000.  He wrote this after
driving into Buffalo along the aging, rusted industrial belt on the south
lake coast (page 210):

"I doubt God will send anyone from Buffalo to Hell when they die.  Why
bother?"

Ashworth is an environmentalist and a critic of the abuse of the Great
Lakes over the years, so I suppose his view of Buffalo may not be as
generous as those of us who appreciate the hockey arena or the wings.  :-)))

For those who know the area intimately, what should we look to do in the
area?  (Besides travelling to Toronto or Niagara Falls, which others have
mentioned?)

-- Rick McAdoo