From:
Doug Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 21:37:51 -0500
Before the arena does any filling of orders, the NCAA dictates what seats
will be set aside for its purpose.  This includes seats for the participants
schools.  I remember posting some numbers last year or the previous
year after talking with the arena.   It could upwards of half the arena, and
you know that these aren't in the upper bowl.  So for those of us in the
lottery, and not in the NCAA's good graces, we're more than likely going
to end up in the cheap seats.

When they had the "premium seats" idea in other years, the NCAA would
extend that designation to within 10 or 15 rows from the top, all the way
around.  A lot of people felt ripped off by that move when they paid the
premium price.  The idea was eventually dropped.  I think you get the
picture about how much the NCAA takes care of the loyal fans who put
down their money a year in advance, year after year.  Am I sounding
bitter?

Doug Peterson