From:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Griebel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 13:49:12 -0500
"Rowe, Thomas" wrote:

> Not surprisingly, Minnesota is almost at the bottom of the list and Alaska at the top - for fairly obvious reasons, I think.  But some of the others are - why is Rensselaer so high, just as an example?

Removing the five Czech players from Alaska-Anchorage's roster actually drops their average to 1,158, about ninth, behind Sacred Heart.

Here's the list of Rensselaer's guys, hometowns, and individual distances, showing foreigners from California, Sweden and Slovakia.  I can't say whether everyone on USCHO's original roster actually ends up on the active playing roster.

Barnes, Conrad          Greenwood Village, CO   1,628
Barr, Ben               Faribault, MN             985
Basiuk, Scott(A)        Prince Albert, SK       1,631
Butterwick, Carson(A)   Prince Albert, SK       1,631
Camitta, Tim            Grosse Pointe Park, MI    471
Cavosie, Eric           Cohoes, NY                  3
Croxton, Kevin          Calgary, AB             1,964
Eberly, Danny(C)        Canton, MA                135
Economakos, Nick        Lockport, IL              739
Farynuk, Brad           Enderby, BC             2,185
Graham, Nolan           Nanaimo, BC             2,407
Hammarstrom, Mikael     Gavle, Sweden           3,736
Hanafin, C.J.           Burlington, MA            126
Hussey, Chris           Plymouth, MN              995
Kemp, Greg              Loudonville, NY             5
Kurk, Kevin             Orchard Park, NY          257
MacDonald, Kirk         Victoria, BC            2,390
Marsters, Nathan        Grimsby, ON               299
McNeely, Matt           Almonte, ON               213
McWilliams, Keith       Valencia, CA            2,458
Pereira, Vic            Abbotsford, BC          2,336
Pickett, Blake          Temecula, CA            2,416
Romfo, Scott            Blaine, MN                984
Shields, Ryan           Portage LaPrairie, MB   1,268
Valentin, Alexander     Kosice, Slovakia        4,286
Yurkewecz, Mark         Troy, NY                    1

Bob Griebel