From:
Alexis Wollstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alexis Wollstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 07:47:59 -0400
Caught this game on FSNE while waiting for the Maine broadcast...it was
pretty exciting to watch.

Conschafter made some unbelievable saves, including a real beauty after his
OT collision. For those who didn't see the head-to-head collision--a BU
player was moving along the goal line toward the net and was checked into
Conschafter...BU forehead to the side of Conschafter's head, hard enough to
pop his mask right off.

Overall, I liked watching UVM play. I liked the aggressiveness of the
Catamounts in their own defensive zone. If they continue to have stellar
goatending and can add a little offense, and this would be an interesting
team to follow this season.

BU's performance, on the other hand, was a little disappointing. They
weren't bad...just not as sharp as I expected. Sloppy passing led to a
number of odd-man rushes with top-notch scoring chances--a more potent
offense (and most HE teams) would have had a field day. Fields looked good
in net, but didn't really get tested. Meyers played well--in addition to the
breakaway chase, he had an excellent open-ice hit to stop another UVM rush.

~Lexy

M-A-I-N-E Goooooooooo Blue!