From:
"Moller, Edward N." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Moller, Edward N.
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 10:24:26 -0500
Russ Anderson was not a spare, but he was a goon.  That is not to say that
goons have not had their place in the college and pro game.  Chris Nilan of
Northeastern and the Canadiens is a classic example.

The Gophers lost nothing when Anderson lured Meagher into the box with him.
BU lost its best player.  Many in attendance that night (and I was not
there) will tell you that was the plan.  The grisly behavior of the UMTC
trainer only served to punctuate one of the most unseemly moments in NCAA
playoff history.  While this occurred the Gopher band played the Battle Hymn
of the Republic.  Old-time BU fans like myself still have hard feelings
about it.

Today Terry Meagher is the head coach at Bowdoin College.

Edward N. Moller
Controller
Mount Ida College
777 Dedham Street