Date:
Sun, 31 Mar 2002 18:02:28 -0600
Here is the info I sent out previously for directions on picking up your
badges and how to get to the dinner.  But first...a message from your
sponsor....

I think I need to repeat this again...UNLESS YOU HAVE NOTIFIED ME ALREADY
THAT A CHECK IS IN THE MAIL (THAT IS AS OF 5PM CST, SUNDAY, MARCH 31)  YOU
WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET INTO THE DINNER.  I CANNOT TAKE ANYMORE
RESERVATIONS...PERIOD!  WE ARE 1O OVER OUR ROOM LIMIT RIGHT NOW.

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT I AM GOING TO TRY AND NEGOTIATE TO GET EXTRA TABLES
THAT ARE OUTSIDE OF OUR TWO ROOMS FOR SEATING TO EAT DINNER.  OTHERWISE ONE
OF TWO THINGS MAY HAVE TO HAPPEN...1) SOME FOLKS WILL HAVE TO ROUGH IT
OUTSIDE ON THE PATIO WITH THE HEAT LAMPS IN 40 DEGREE WEATHER, OR 2) WE WILL
HAVE TO EAT IN SHIFTS WHERE SOME FOLKS GO DRINK FIRST AND THEN WHEN PEOPLE
ARE DONE EATING THEY GIVE UP THEIR CHAIR AND THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN STANDING
CAN GO GET FOOD AND EAT.  (Don't worry, we will not run out of food.)

I KNOW WE ARE ALL FRIENDS AND HAVE SPENT MANY FF'S IN CROWDED BARS STANDING
AND DRINKING AND SOCIALIZING AND EVEN TRYING TO EAT!  SO PLEASE BEAR WITH
ME.  FROM THE ORIGINAL INDICATIONS I GOT, I NEVER DREAMED I WOULD GET 131
PEOPLE TO COME!  BUT I AM REALLY EXCITED.

I JUST WANT EVERYONE TO BE PREPARED FOR WHAT MAY HAPPEN WHEN THEY GET THERE.
THANKS.

P.S.  AND IF ANY OF YOU ARE THINKING OF DROPPING OUT ON ME AFTER WHAT I HAVE
BEEN THROUGH, DON'T EVEN GO THERE.  REMEMBER...I KNOW WHERE YOUR SITTING!
:-)

********

  PICKING UP YOUR BADGES and Hockey-L between period meeting area:
  - I will be behind Section 120-121 by the "Iron Range Grill" or Gate/Door
4
  - I will have on beige jeans, gray sweatshirt.  I have short hair and dark
rimmed glasses.  I will be holding a small white box.
   - I will be at this spot starting at NOON (before the game) and between
each period.  There is an elevator (I believe it is elevator 4) close by, so
those on the Club and 2nd levels can come down.  (there are no
stair/escalators down during the game, only the elevators)
  - I would suggest for those on the Club Level and 2nd deck that you pick
up your badges BEFORE the game.  (My dream is to have an empty box by 12:30,
hint, hint...but then I do dream a lot.)
  ****  THE PERSON WHO MADE THE RESERVATION NEEDS TO PICK UP THE BADGES FOR
ALL IN THEIR GROUP.  YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING THE BADGES TO YOUR
FOLKS BEFORE GETTING TO THE BAR.

  GETTING TO THE DINNER: (I will leave it to you all to decide if you want
to meet as a group and walk over)
  - Go out the gate behind Section 120-121 - Gate/Door 4 (where you got your
badge)
  - Turn right.
  -Go down to the next corner - this is Washington Street
  - Turn left (you will immediately be crossing a very busy street with no
stop sign - watch the kids!)
  - Go straight down Washington - look ahead you will see an arch (about 2
blocks)
  - Go under the arch and turn left - there is the bar: WILD TYMES; 33 West
7th Place / 651-224-8181
  - Turn right when you get in the door and head back towards the wall
aquarium.
  - There will be a hostess stand with someone from the bar checking badges.
Please be sure to put it on when you get in the bar.
  - THE MANAGER WHO WILL BE ACTING AS OUR SECURITY WILL NOT LET ANYONE THRU
WITHOUT A BADGE.  (I think the babies can get by though, but the older kids
have to have theirs on too.)
  - The room with the booths and the room behind it with the bar are ours.
The bar will only be serving our party.  (please be generous to the
bartender)
  - In order to be sure everyone can sit while eating, please put 6 to a
booth in the first room.
  - Ash trays will only be placed on the bar.  Please try to keep them
there.
  - If it is warm outside we can use the patio also!  (so start praying to
the weather gods now!)
  - The plan at the moment is for the food to be ready as soon as we get
there.  The food tables will be right behind the manager as we enter our
dinner area.
  -  Don't forget...Wayne will be announcing the "best of" winners at the
dinner.

  Don't worry, I will have a master list...so if the wind blows the badge
away, you will get fed.
  If anyone has questions once you get into town, my number is:
612-825-2546.

  This notice will be sent again on Sunday, March 31.

  HOCKEY!!!! -- GO GOPHERS!!!
  kam