From:
"Rowe, Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rowe, Thomas
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 12:18:32 -0600
Gotta disagree there, Nat.  True, most fans are responsible and hockey fans, being the most intelligent, good looking, best educated fans of all, are likely to be the most responsible, unlike those hotheads at Cricket matches that hollar insults at players.  But, in the end, it doesn't take very many drunks or very many drunken brawls in stands to really spoil it for the majority.  Can't stop it in a pro event, but you can in a college format.  I support the ban.  Too bad if it means some people can't have their brewskies during a game, but I suppose they could always drink before and after and just use the game instead of a beer for enjoyment.

JMO.  Flame if you will.

Tom Rowe                            UWSP dept of Psych
Home of Division III National Champion Pointers
89, 90, 91 & 93 and National Runners-up 92 & 98