From:
Clay Satow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 09:43:03 -0800
I guess it's that time of year for me to get on my high horse and do my "O m'gawd I'm defending
the NCAA" bit.

Yeah, I'd like to have a beer at the game.  But given a crowd a large portion of which: straddles
the drinking age; has been drinking before they enter the arena; is prone to vulgar cheers and
taunting that can erupt into fistfights, I'll happily forsake my beer.

And I'll also admit that it's refreshing to see a rink that doesn't look like a minor league
baseball stadium with ads for the local body shop and insurance agency plastered all over the
place.  I'll admit that taping over logos on the cup holders is going a bit overboard, but I'll
also claim that the I think that the typical arena, especially the NHL goes way overboard the
other way.

Clay