From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 12:35:34 -0500
I do not regularly watch Saturday Night Live, but I did so last night.
In one of the skits, which I believe was called "Kitty Singleton", I
noticed an Alaskan license plate on the set wall, along with a few
other license plates. As the skit continued and more of the wall
was shown I saw both a UAF pennant and a small (maybe
11"x17") poster for Nanook Hockey in the window of the wall set.

I have no idea why, but I first thought it was great college hockey
and the Nanooks program were given some exposure in the skit.
My next thought was "How many people will even notice, and if
they do, will they have any idea that the Nanooks are UAF's
hockey team?"

Still, it was nice to see college hockey displayed instead of college
football.  It was also nice to see a lesser known program displayed
instead of the usual choices.

Sean

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers             Boston University Hockey