From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1992 17:01:43 EST
Jim writes:
>Wayne writes:
>>Let's see how Maine does this weekend against BC and in Hockeyfest.
>
>1) I hope the Friars from PC, not the Eagles from BC show up at Alfond
> Arena this weekend, and

The question is, will the Friars from PC show up *anywhere* this weekend.
Mike McShane has been searching in the Hockey East Lost and Found for the
Friar team that was on a rampage earlier this season, and all he's come
up with is an old pair of mittens that don't match.

>2) Do you think Mike M. will be upset to know that at least one Maine
> fan is already planning HockeyFest strategy, looking right past the
> upcoming q-final match 'twixt Maine and Merrimack ??  Now where
> did N'Eastern finish lat year before they went to Conte Forum for
> the HE q-final ??  :-)  :-)

Hey!  There's still an outside chance that this matchup won't happen, if
MC gets 3 pts more than NU this weekend.  Now *who* is tallying up
their Perdues?

Besides, we still have a secret weapon to unveil...have you seen those
guys named Khomoutov, Bykov and Kovalev walking around the campus in
North Andover lately?

>   Jim
>   Go 'Cats
>   Taking nothing for granite (*grin*) as our *first* home-ice
>      HE q-final looms ahead next weekend .....

Ouch.  Please don't remind me of our corny state slogan ("Don't Take New
Hampshire For Granite").  That thing is plastered on every item at the
checkout counters - tire gauges, playing cards, lighters.  At least it's
not on the ceramic dalmatians.

- mike