Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1992 16:46:26 EST
I agree with J.S.H. Forsyth that Maine is deserving of a #1 ranking
(followed by Michigan and Minnesota).  One interesting note is that
Michigan and Maine squared off in last season's GLI championship game
with Michigan winning, 3-1 (including ENG, I believe).  Both teams have
changed very little in composition.  Maine had Snow, Roy, Montgomery,
Robitaille, etc.  Michigan had Felsner and co., but were without their
two best defenseman (Harlock and Neaton) who were competing in the World
Junior Championships.

As for Snow winning the Hobey Baker, it could happen -- but I have to
believe he's a longshot.  Jim Beattie (NMU) and Felsner are having great
seasons and if any goalie has a claim to the Hobey I gotta believe it's
LSSUs Darrin Madeley (2.01 GAA).  He made Michigan's Steve Shields look
like a Junior B chump during the last UM-LSSU series and Michigan won both
games!

For my friends at MSU, I've gotta add that Dwayne Norris is having a
monster season and deserves All-America recognition.

John Haeussler
Univ of Michigan('89,'90)
GO BLUE!