From:
Pam Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:04:07 -0500
Andrew Weise <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I disagree with the way the automatic/guaranteed bid has changed this
year. I would rather see the "Colorado College rule" in place (believe me,
I didn't just think of this after last night's Vermont-Clarkson result). I
just feel that this gives more credit to a team that worked hard all year
long than one who got hot in March.

Then your argument is not with the NCAA, but with the league.  (This is the same thing I said to CC fans a few years ago.)  Each league gets to choose how its automatic bid is allotted.  If the ECAC wants to guarantee its champ goes to the national tournament, they can assign their autobid to the regular season champ.
-Pam Sweeney