From:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joe LaCour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 10:49:45 -0500
John

Another wonderful job with the scripting.

I've run the scenario's six ways from Sunday and the following is set in
stone (ice?):

(a)  1 ECAC team makes it.  There is no way Clarkson can make it.  Sorry,
guys we had our shot and blew it.
(b)  UNH needs help.  CC has to win on Thurs and no conference upsets.  If
UNH gets in, some of us may remember the "Back Door Badgers" of 1980.
(c)  The ECAC team loses most comparisons with the MAAC (that's disgusting).

Locked in no matter what:
Mich State
Michigan
BC
NoDak
SCSU
UMinn
CC
Maine  <== looks AOK.  I don't think they can fall out.
ECAC champion
MAAC champion

That's 10 teams - which leaves us 2 of the bubble boys to get in:

On the bubble (close)
UNH  <== sitting pretty good.  Watching the satellite dish with great
interest this weekend.
Providence  <== control their own fate.
Wisconsin  <== win Thursday and you're in.

Gotta win the tourney to get in
Lowell

Seeding question.  Would you arrange the byes as 1/4 and 2/3  or 1/3 and
2/4???  It affects where NoDak goes.

Joe LaCour
Still waiting for the ship to come in.
Clarkson '77/'78