From:
Dave Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 13:49:54 -0400
Wednesday, May 31, 2000         Contact: Dave Fischer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

SNOWDEN IS LATEST ADDITION TO HOCKEY ROSTER

     Washington Native Spent Last Two Years in Ann Arbor

        Houghton, Mich. -- Forward John Snowden (Snohomish, Wash.),
who has spent the last two years with the U.S. National Under 18
Development program in Ann Arbor, Mich., will attend and play hockey
at Michigan Tech this coming fall it was announced today by Huskies
Head Coach Tim Watters.
        Snowden, at 6-0 and 190 pounds, played 55 games this past
season and contributed 20 goals and 15 assists, good for 35 points.
        "John has good size and skill as well as excellent speed,"
said Watters, who will enter his fifth season behind the MTU bench in
2000-01. "We're extremely pleased to have John part of our program as
we continue to build it into a national contender."
        Snowden joins Justin Brown, Brett Engelhardt, Ryan Lenton,
Colin Murphy, Bryan Perez, Jon Pittis, Wayne Russell, and Frank
Werner as Michigan Tech's Class of 2004.