From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 07:34:06 -0800
Thanks Robin for the SLU details.  I guess my feeling is (and I hope to
write to the NCAA and evenmaybe get a response :-) .... first, 400 is
godawful low, even for small schools. I would say allot at least 5% of
the capacity to EACH of the schools, on average, and perhaps do it in
proportion to their full time equivalent student enrollment.... it would
also be NICE if the schools themselves then turned around and tried to
allot a major portion of these seats NOT to adminstrators, etc who,
IMHO, sound like they are simply taking advantage of the team's success.
They should allot the majority of the seats to the fan base (including
faithful alums) who have been attending and supporting for years
previously, win or lose. Probably this will fall on deaf ears (having
been a faculty person for 30 yrs, I am used to that response from
administrators) ... and I guess logic has nothing to do with it. We all
know it is dinero that counts.... oh, well, one can hope for some sort
of fairness, eventually.  But I would say, all of you regulars and folks
who got shafted.... let them all know, the schools, and the NCAA, how
you feel, now that you know the numbers.

Last year at the Pond, when I looked down at the empty "good" seats from
my nosebleed ones, at least I thought I had the consolation that they
somehow might be team fan seats ... as I was lead to believe by both
Alaska and Pond officials .... but I guess now we know the true story...
it is who you know, and that is it, you can get on the train at the very
end and bask in the glory and enjy the games, when the loyal fans, for
the most part, get shut out. Sad.

I say this, because soon (I hope very soon :-), when RPI gets back to
the FF, I wanna go !!!! So at least part of this kvetching is selfish.

To all of you who are going, enjoy. Last year was awesome!

Tony Buffa
RPI '64  Go Joel!!!!