From:
"Anthony J. Buffa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony J. Buffa
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 14:07:29 -0800
Hi All,

Given Sara Fagan's problems getting Providence tickets thru her home
school (SLU - I hope she has some leads by now !), I was wondering if
anyone knows the formula (should one exist) the NCAA uses. I suspect
they have a bunch of seats for "dignitaries" and then dole out equal
amounts to the four schools.  In Anaheim, the scoop we got (those of us
who called to complain about nosebleed seats), was that MOST of the
"good" seats went to the 4 schools, so I guessed about 2 000 each
(perhaps 10 000 lower total seats) or about 10% of the max to each school.

If that is the case or even roughly so, I wonder why Sara had problems?
Or could it be that each school can do what it wants and decided to give
all to the undergrads? even so, I can picture that many SLU folks at the
game (sorry if I am wrong here)  given the size of the school, say
compared to Maine, and the total alumni ....

... just wondering. Perhaps some of you alums who have tickets from one
of the four teams could answer this, or perhaps each school does it
differently. I doubt the NCAA would mandate how the schools use the
tickets, but then again, we all know the NC$$ :-)

I hate the dead weekend. :-)

Tony Buffa
RPI '64