From:
"T. N. Long" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
T. N. Long
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 15:21:50 -0500
Responding to John Whelan's and Tim Newman's postings,

It is unlikely that those "3 or 4 other teams" John mentions could have
beaten New Hampshire and also made a respectable showing against North
Dakota.  So, it looks like there must not have been any "flaws in the
selection criteria" as John asserts with the selection of NIagara.  But, it
was nice to see Niagara given such a low seed; it gave them the opportunity
to use New Hampshire to prove that their pairwise ranking, power-play
statistic, power-play-defense statistic, and shut-out record reflected
their ability to rather easily handle one of the nation's top-ranked teams
when all was said and done.

Also, it should be noted that Mankato was unable to beat UAH this year
(1-0-1 at Mankato).

Terry

T. N. Long
TN Tech. Phi Delta Theta #102