From:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deron Treadwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 21:13:14 -0500
[log in to unmask],.Internet writes:
>Have read the box and recap of Sunday's match and quite frankly, many
>questions abound.

>Why the heck did BU play Jason Tapp in goal? Right now it looks like
>Merrimack and BU will be battling all the way through the HEA playoffs
>(assuming they finish 4th and 5th as they are now), so it seems to me BU
>would make this matchup a priority. Did Parker feel that given the 5-5
>game
>on Friday, that Laroque was due for a rest? Why not wait for a game
>against
>Amherst or Northeastern?

Well, I was not at the game so I can't comment on any first-hand
knowledge, but for BU this year there are no "easy" games.  BU is fully
capable of beating any of the top teams, but they can also lose to
anyone just as easy this year.

NU has been scoring a lot of goals lately.  They beat up on both of
Maine's goalies in December and lit up a stingy UMass team for 8 the
other day.  UMass can play a close, low-scoring game with anyone.. they
might win scoring only 2 or 3 against Tapp.

Tapp needs to get in there and this seems like as good of a choice as
any.  Those games against NU and UMass are games BU simply must win, so
why play the rookie?  (Must is relative here since all games are
must-wins to some extent).  I like the decision.  It was good
experience for the young goaltender in a very meaningful game.  Tapp
has got to get in there in some big games or BU will be in even more
trouble next year.  Larocque is really holding them together in some
games.

-dt