From:
"Bob Gilreath" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1992 09:39:12 EST
This weekend is MTU's annual winter carnival.  The 2 hockey games are just
  a part of this age old tradition.  We have other events such as broomball,
  skating, skiing  etc that the entire campus participates in.  The big
   draw for the weekend (other than the hockey games) are the many Ice
   (snow) statues going up around campus.  Tonight is the final night to
     work on them and the judging will begin in the morning.  It's a long
      night ahead for our students and staff alike who are finishing up.

 This weekend's Hockey games are against North Dakota.  We have similar records
  and sit in similar places in standings (both WCHA and TCHCR).  But as
  tradition has it and any coach in the league will tell you its tough to
  win in Houghton at winter carnival.  Davis Payne returned to the lineup
  last week against Denver, And it is rumored that Darcy Martini will return
  to the ice this weekend against ND, but i have no verification as of yet,
  But if Darcy and freshman defensman Liam Garvey both return to the lineup
  this weekend after being out with injuries, you should see a much improved
  defensive core.

 The Games are sellouts (as is always at winter carnival). friday nights game
  starts at 7:35 while saturdays game is an afternoon affair at 1:35

 Anyone form North Dakota on the list contact me if you are coming so we can
  get together.

 Bob