From:
Randal Dalhoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 1992 08:41:55 CST
I realize that we do not talk about hockey club teams much on this
list, but I am confused by what happened at Iowa State this last
weekend.  The paper and schedule insisted that we were playing the
University of Minnesota.  The team was referred to as the Gophers
repeatedly, but I never heard the campus town though.  Our
club team even beat them convincingly both nights.

Now I am under the understanding that Minnesota has a Division I
team.  And, I am certain we did not beat the Div I team.  Does U of
Minnesota also field a club team?  Or did our papers get the Gopher
name all wrong and this team is from another Minnesota campus?
Hopefully some of the Minnesota people can help me understand this.

Incidentally for those people on the list that follow club hockey a
little, there is supposedly a NIT hockey tournament at Penn State
February 26-29.  The top eight club trams are invited to attend.
Currently the club hockey teams are rated (as listed in The Daily
Tribune, Ames, Iowa) as follows:

    1. Michigan-Dearborn
    2. North Dakota State
    3. Penn State
    4. Iowa State
    5. Eastern Michigan
    6. Ohio
    7. Arizona
    8. Navy

--- Randy Dalhoff   RPI '72, ISU '74
--- [log in to unmask]  [log in to unmask]