From:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Flickinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Mar 1998 17:59:42 -0500
>I don't think that fans have any business deciding whether or not a
>player is injured.  I've seen this behavior in nearly every arena in
>which I've seen hockey, and the same two words occur to me every time:
>bush league.

Note, this was the first time I've seen (or heard, in this case) an opposing
player get booed at the Civic for taking a dive. He had been pushing and
shoving with one of the fan's favorite players, and like I said I didn't
really see why he went down, just that he did. And from where I was sitting
(I was looking at him by now), the guy was looking straight at the ref the
whole time he was down on the ice, and compared to our guy who was injured
earlier and was rolling around in pain, this guy wasn't showing any signs of
injury.

You'd hafta ask someone who saw the whole play, but the Omaha crowd as a
whole definatly felt he took a dive to try to draw a penalty late in the third.