From:
Lance Harry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 14:27:46 -0500
In a message dated 97-02-19 13:09:33 EST, Randall wrote:

<<  It is the escalation of the frequency and magnitude of
 slashes, etc. that can be linked to the referee (and the assistant refs who
 have not yet evolved to the point where they are comfortable in making calls
 other than icing and offsides, IMO. >>

On a side note to this discussion, I have seen on several occasions, quality
linesmen make calls behind the play, or even right in front of the referree's
face!

While it does take some getting used to, I have no objection to this,
provided the degree of objectivity for the LINESMEN is left to a minimum, the
infraction must be blatant.

I think people who have seen recent BU home games, will concurr with this.

Lance Harry
Union '92
BU '94