From:
Steven Bartley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 1996 11:32:39 -0500
It was  interesting reading J Michael Neal's comments on the
Michigan-MInnesota game.  I am a Michigan fan and Eeyore is a Minnesota fan
and he had different opinions about some of the same plays that we both saw.

I thought this was a very well played game by both teams.  It was very
exciting GOOD college hockey, though I'm sure I feel better about it because
of the final score.  I felt that Michigan played the better game and deserved
to win the game, though a tie would have said something about the equal
quality of both teams.

I was sitting near the blue line at the Michigan defending twice side and saw
all of Rasmussen's goals very clearly, especially the first one which was a
phenonmenal blast that no human was ever going to stop which went right into
the top far side.  Give him the number one star of the game, despite the
great game played by Morrison.  Morrison was pulled down 10 feet in front of
me, despite claims to a dive and all, for what that's worth.

Michigan had many more chances to put the game away all game long.  I thought
Madden (high scorer on our team) should have had an  easy goal on his
breakaway.  He was also the man on Rasmussen for 2 of  Ras's goals , so
Johnny did not have his best game.

Botterill did go beserk after his "score" (he did get screwed on that one).
 What's funny about Jason is that he's  basically a mild person off the ice
but turns into a wild man on the ice.

The Minnesota-MSU matchup tonight is the better game to watch.  I read that
Wisconsin likes to fight and Michigan will fall right into that trap, so I
look for a lot of penalties and a poor  hockey game for us today.

Steve Bartley