From:
"Klein, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Klein, Steve
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 11:16:00 PST
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the WCHA and HOCKEY EAST actually
played a combined schedule for 2 or 3 years in the '80s, with games counting
in the league schedule.
It eventually fell apart, not because of the travel, but because the crowds
were not good after the initial curiousity wore off. Wisconsin actually had
non-sellouts against HE teams. The league games simply drew better out West.
Steve Klein